Two days of Warsaw. Tuesday


So I had less than a week of vacation left, no return tickets and remains of vague plans to maybe go see some other places.
It turned out, though, that I was too tired to grab my things and go to the airport right that minute, so I decided to stay in Warsaw for a couple more days. And then go straight home.



I started with the plac Zamkowy, of course. Since the day before, I think of it with warmth and a bit of nostalgia, as of place where we performed. Besides, it's really beautiful.



About two thirds of Piwna ("Beer") street. Or maybe more, or less. As I've been told later, there was still place enough for eight breweries, and a church and a hospital, where people went after, depending on their condition.



The pigeons sculpture. The legend says that an old woman, one of the first to return to the ruins of the house after the war, used to feed pigeons. However strange it may have looked in a destroyed city, it gave her a sense that life was coming back (the legend says). Now there's a restaurant called Karmnik ("birdfeeder").



Warsaw is full of mermaids, of various appearance, but all of them armed, like on the city's coat of arms. I like even the cheap souvenir trinkets, I think :)






I like the doorway straight into the second floor here :)



We don't get that sort of thing here, in our dull, flat city :)



Everything in the Old town should be beautiful. There's a mermaid, too :)



Not the sundial. The stone decor on the house.



Out of the Old town now, heading towards the river.





Yes, still in the same place.



There are less Chopins in Warsaw than mermaids, I think. But still a lot :)



There she is, the river mermaid.



As close as you can get now :)



There are all kinds of styles in Warsaw. I don't like the bridge.






Caught by a whiff of lilac aroma, I turned into a courtyard. There are three cats in the photo ^)



Meat grinders and cherubs, hey, meat grinders and cherubs.



Back to plac Zamkowy, and how beautiful it is in the twilight.



I like the sphere ^)



There is a representation of Copernicus' solar system on the ground below.



It was good to sit there on the steps for a while.
End of first day.

Comments